Aug 14, 2010

Zucchini Bread Pancakes

Zucchini overload!! My garden is supplying more zucchinis than I know what to do with. They were cute in the beginning- little baby newborns attached to bright yellow blossoms. But then...

before I knew it, the garden was overrun by Giant Zucchini Overlords -ready to do battle with the Eggplants and the Cucumbers. No, that isn't a picture of a child's hand -it's mine!


Anyway, I've been making zucchini bread like crazy and everyone seems to gobble it up, so I thought- why not make zucchini bread pancakes for breakfast this morning?

Ingredients:
(Dry)
2 C. all purpose flour (you can sub 1 C. whole wheat)
1 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T. cinnamon
(Wet)
2 C. zucchini puree
1/2 C. unprocessed sugar
2 T. ground flaxseed
1 1/2 C. water (more or less to get the right consistency)
3 T. canola oil
(Optional additions)
3/4 C. raisins
3/4 C. chopped walnuts- add to batter or sprinkle on top

Spinz:
Sift the flour and mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients until well combined. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined. Add raisins and walnuts if desired. Cook pancakes as usual.

TESTERS:
Thank you to all my testers! I will be posting the new burger recipe soon, as well as sending out new recipes. Thanks for being patient and giving me some great feedback!

21 comments:

  1. Zucchini pancakes — what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, I've never seen such big zucchini before! Amazing- And full of delicious potential! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! But now I need to make some bomb ass pancakes ASAP. Damn those look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. whoah those zucchinis are huge! i must try this recipe..sounds so much healthier than whole wheat pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! I can imagine how good they must taste. I like the addition of some flax seed for added health benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous idea. I love reading about fun ways to get more veggies in, especially in breakfast foods. Great post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look great! I wondered this morning about making zucchini/potato pancakes. Have you ever tried that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do you make zucchini puree?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Ms. Veggie- Cut up zucchini into chunks and process in a food processor or blender until it resembles the consistency of apple sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these look fluff-tastic and I don't even like zukes that much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Giggle, we've been giving our zucchini's away to everyone we know. I love this recipe though. Think I could substitute applesauce for the sugar? I enjoyed my visit to your blog. Wishing you happiness, Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Be Well Gifts: You could skip the sugar altogether, and get the sweetness from your topping (syrup,etc.)... you could maybe eat them with applesauce? That actually sounds good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Karma, I didn't plant zucchini this year but I had the same situation last year with more zucchini than I-- or even the neighbors-- could possibly eat :). Love, love the idea of zucchini pancakes-- they look incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Karma!
    I just found your blog! It's lovely and very creative. I would've never thought to make zucchini pancakes. Excellent:)
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi DJKarma! I love your blog and this recipe! I am always wanting new ways to use zucchini. My hubs DISLIKES the veggie but I can't have enough.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Karma, Thank you for joining my kitchen. I just made the savory sister of your zucchini pancakes. I will give yours a try as well. Thanks,and let's visit soon. Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi DJ Karma! thanks for stopping by and leaving comment at my site. This zucchini pancakes looks yummy!! i gotta try them too! got zucchini overload here too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. those pancakes look yummy, I love zucchini and walnuts! The same thing happened in my garden last year with yellow squash, they were everywhere and in everythink I made. Good luck getting through them all.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Holy cow, what a great site you have here! I'm going to take some time to look through it, but it has such a professional feel to it. The food that I have seen looks delicious. And, to top it all off, you're in Davis, and I'm in Sac - yay! I'm going to make you a link in my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds and looks really good! I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete